Sunday, December 05, 2004

Well Saturday was a bust

I spent the whole day at work and let's say I accomplished less than I intended. Then I went back home and used the TV clicker for about 5 hours until I came across the Highlander movie with Mario Van Peebles in it.

OK, I know they were ALL excreable after the original - but I had to wait to see the scene with Deborah Kara Unger - you know what I'm talking about.

I'm somewhat disappointed in how her career has gone. She was truly excellent in "The Game" and then, in this blogger's humble opinion, wasted in stuff like "Crash" and Gibson's awful "Payback".

How Mel Gibson thinks he is in any way as cool as Lee Marvin is of course, one of life's true mysteries - along with his acceptance by the Religious Right, given his choice of roles before his besandaled foot was seen in his snuff movie. Can you say "The Man Without A Face" or "Tequila Sunrise"?

Well Jesus forgives I guess. I suppose the reasoning is (a) first make your fortune on any dreck of dubious moral virtue and (b) then find the Lord in the largest most ostenatious way possible.



No comments: