Friday, December 08, 2017

Grifters on the Instagram.

In the last few weeks I have been contacted by two people through social media who wanted me to be their "friend" based on my Instagram posts.

One came at me via Facebook Messenger and claimed to be the Page 3 Girl Lucy Pinder, but from her broken English, I know it really wasn't her.

In both cases I got lines about "Needing a normal friend" and "You seem a genuine person". You know, generalized sucking up.

Lucy kind of backed away after I didn't respond enthusiastically enough to her. But I have reached out to see if she still thinks I'm hooked.

Annabelle contacted me two days ago via Instagram. She quickly sent me her phone number ( 612 470-xxxx ) and we texted away; me telling her how lovely she was and her massaging my ego saying stuff like "You have a genuine heart" and nonsense like that.

Then of course, out came the "I am flat broke, my phone service is about to be cut off" ( so we would not be able to continue to text ) and "I need a $75 i-Phone gift card and no-one else will help me."

She was good, but I'm a 60 year old man and I know that a 34 year old woman is not randomly reaching out for friends on social media.

So then "Poof!", I blocked her phone number, deleted her texts and blocked her on Instagram.

On IG she trolls by the name of "sassyannabelle". So, Buyer Beware. Especially Olde Buyers.