Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pastor Donald Cole

Radio Pastor Donald Cole died on August 4th and Moody Radio has been gushing praise out of every orifice for him this week. Nauseatingly gushing it like a Religious Ebola outbreak.

He was of course a complete and utter fraud. As all people are who push their Imaginary Friends on the rest of us.

Just before his retirement from Moody Radio, on a phone-in show where he answered questions about the Bible, I once heard him COMPLETELY FLUMMOXED by a question from a seven year old girl.

The call went something like this :-

Girl: Hello Pastor Cole My name is Daisy. I have a question about Heaven.
Pastor Cole: How old are you?
Girl; Seven
Pastor Cole: Oh my! Seven? You know I was seven once? A long time ago....

(He always got gushingly folksy, especially with little girls)

Girl: Is it true everyone will be happy in Heaven?
Pastor Cole: Oh yes. Everyone is happy there. There is no sadness.
Girl: So I will be happy there too?
Pastor Cole: Most certainly Daisy. You will be happy there forever.
Girl: So if I'm in Heaven, what happens if I look around and all my friends aren't there? Won't that make me sad?
Pastor Cole: Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph. Er..well... Actually....

After he floundered around for what seemed like forever, his answer was the following. I am not making this up.

Pastor Cole: Well Daisy, you won't be unhappy because YOU WILL NOT REMEMBER ANYONE WHO IS NOT THERE. God doesn't want you to be unhappy, so you will not remember anyone who God has not allowed in Heaven because of their sins.

Now where is that doozie in YOUR Bible? It certainly ain't in mine.

I can only hope Daisy wasn't taken in by such a silly and obvious lie.