Wednesday, February 24, 2010

James Dobson's Last Week at Focus On The Family I

And so it begins. This week is James Dobson's final week at Focus On The Family and I must say that to date two days in, the previously much vaunted "celebrations" have been less than enthusiastic.

Monday's broadcast did not have Doctor in the studio.

Neither did Tuesday's.

On Monday, the show started with a lot of clips of Doctor and others singing his praises with athe addition of manipulative tinkling background music as per the worst TV evangelists - I'm think of YOU, Rod Parsley. And then a previous recording of Doctor himself explaining Focus' history to a live audience. We've heard that one before. "We were out of money. I went and begged someone for some more. Praise the Lord. Weren't we faithful?"

And that was Monday.

Tuesday was even worse. That program was 100% voicemail recordings of suck up calls from the public. Plus of course with added musical manipulation. I almost barfed up my lunch.

And yes, I would also like to mention the revamped FoF website has been changed again. Gone is the microphone for "Click on Daily Broadcast" to a picture of....you've guessed it! Jim Daly!

This man can't wait until he obliterates all traces of James Dobson from Focus On The Family.

Don't listen to anything he says, by his actions you will know him.