Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hooray for Johnny Weir

It's not that often that I give a shout out to male ice skaters with their "points for style" and their very dodgy wardrobes, but I feel today we must all stand up and say "Well done Johnny!"

Yes indeed, Johnny Weir, all sequins, sparkles and a little bit of fox fur has raised the ire of the animal rights loons and he has said what all right thinking people should say to such idiots :-

“I totally get the dirtiness of the fur industry and how terrible it is to animals. But it’s not something that’s the No. 1 priority in my life. There are humans dying everyday. There are thousands if not millions of homeless people in New York City."

"Look at what just happened in Haiti."

“I tend to focus my energy, if there is a cause, on humans. While that may be callous and bad of me, it’s my choice.”


Bravo Johnny! People are more important. MORE IMPORTANT than animals. Every person in pain in Haiti is worth more than all the little foxes that are or ever were.